Kreider Farms, Pennsylvania’s largest egg producer and one of the state’s favorite makers of farm fresh milk, ice cream, and more, recently kicked off the Farmers for Free Trade coalition’s Motorcade for Trade tour in Manheim on Friday, April 12th.
A ceremony featuring remarks by several local officeholders, farmers and producers, and other notable individuals who support the significant U.S.-Mexico-Canada Agreement (USMCA) was held at 9 a.m. at Kreider Farms’ facilities. The purpose of the event was to launch the Motorcade for Trade’s 25 foot RV, which prominently displays key facts and messages on the importance of agricultural trade with Mexico and Canada, as it began its 11-state, 3,500-mile tour to rally for USMCA.
Notable VIPs in attendance included:
- The Honorable Blanche Lincoln (former U.S. Senator and Chair of the Senate Agriculture Committee)
- The Honorable Lloyd Smucker (Congressman, PA 11th District)
- Jim Bair (President & CEO, U.S. Apple Association)
- Brett Davis (Brand Leader for North America, New Holland Agriculture)
- Christian Herr, (Executive Vice President, PennAg Industries Association)
- Angela Marshal Hofmann (Executive Co-Director, Farmers for Free Trade)
- Ron Kreider (Owner/CEO, Kreider Farms)
“As farmers, our livelihoods depend on predictable and open access to trading partners throughout North America, which is why we support the U.S.-Mexico-Canada Agreement that will potentially update NAFTA in the near future,” said Ron Kreider, President and CEO. “Demonstrating our commitment by hosting this important event to kick off the Motorcade for Trade was a true honor.”
The Motorcade for Trade will continue its tour throughout the current two-week April Congressional recess (April 12th-26th). Additional tour stops still remaining include:
- Fair Oaks, Indiana – Wednesday, April 17th – Location TBD
- Woodstock, Illinois – Thursday, April 18th – Location TBD
- La Crosse, Wisconsin – Tuesday, April 23rd – Location TBD
- Iowa – Wednesday, April 24th – Location TBD
- Minnesota – Thursday, April 25th – Location TBD
- North Dakota – Friday, April 26th – Appert Farms, Hazelton, ND
- Billings, Montana – Friday, April 26th – Erickson Farm/Gooseneck Land and Cattle, Broadview, MT
Updates can be found by checking in with the tag #MotorcadeForTrade on social media. Kreider Farms will also continue to update its followers, as well.